- In 2000, Vitracom was founded out of the Fraunhofer Institute for information and data processing (IOSB Karlsruhe). Its objective was to transform the processes for intelligent video surveillance developed there into marketable and customer-focused solutions. In 2005 the transformation into Vitracom AG took place.
- In 2006, the listed Japanese company, Kozo Keikaku Engineering Inc. acquired an interest in Vitracom.
- In 2011, Vitracom proved its expertise in safety at large events with the successful conclusion of the HERMES and VeRSiert projects. The Check-out and Queue Manager was also introduced in the same year.
- In 2013 the “living with sensor care” Patronus project led to the market launch of Safe@home, a video-based emergency system for safe and self-determined living in old age.
- In January 2014, Vitracom and Visapix resolved to work together.